Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Still in Boston

I'm about to start the trip of my life - a semester in Paris!

After a bit of a scare with my visa appointment, I'm all set! Currently, I'm still in Boston where I've been working all summer. Here I am a front desk attendant for the dormitories, which means when groups stay at the university dorms I give them their keys. I've been trying to get in a lot of fun Boston activities before I leave. Today, I'm going to see the Red Sox-Tigers game, Go Sox!

On Sunday, I leave for Birmingham, Alabama (hometown!) for a couple of weeks, and then the 29th it's off to Paris!

My program is with Boston University. The first half I take three classes (French politics, French literature, and Intensive French). No, they will not serve French fries, French bread, or French toast in any of my classes, but on some Fridays I have cooking classes I can take! All of my classes are in French. Yes, I'm terrified.

The second half of my trip is an internship. I don't know what mine will be yet, but I already had my interview. For my top three internship choices I selected: International Non-Government Organization, French politics, and Journalism. Last summer I interned on Capitol Hill so I hope that gives me a leg up. I will keep you posted.

Luckily, I have friends abroad in London and Rome as well, so maybe visits will happen there.

Questions? Compliments? Feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I did not think that the last time we hung out would be the last time I would see you for half a year :-( . I hope you do find some American food that has the word "French" in it, just to see whether the French actually make it better as a point of personal pride.

    And yes, I am quite happy at that alliteration.

    ReplyDelete