Monday, August 31, 2009

Orientation!



Today was my first day of orientation. After discussing the logistics of our stay in France we had a picnic down the street at the Champ de Mars - AKA the park next to the Eiffel Tower. It was amazing and very busy! BU's location is great. It's fairly large, renovated, and clean. The classrooms are nice too, and there are coffee vending machines. Yes.

Then, we had a boat tour ride on the Seine, the river that flows through Paris. We got to see many of the monuments including many scantily clad male sun bathers. It was great seeing the city from the river. When we finished we all went and got prepaid cell phones. I got some of my new friends' numbers so we'll be able to meet up later. :)

My picture is one view from the boat ride.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! It sounds like this is going to be a great experience. Can't wait for the next entry!!! Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no interest in Paris until you told me about the male monuments

    ReplyDelete