Thursday, September 3, 2009

Whew! I've been busy!

Hey!

It's been a busy last few days. Yesterday, we had a taste testing session. I was trying to be good and take a bite of everything. I have to say, no matter where I am, icky cheese is not my thing. Nevertheless, I took a bite, and put the rest on my plate. I did enjoy the dessert section.

They also let us try a bunch of wines, that were great. They kept bringing around more and more, I thought it wouldn't end. I wanted to try all the wines as well, so I would be really drinking my last wine before the new one came.

After the food session, we were sent in groups of 3 to discover a neighborhood. We were given directions and questions to answer. 2 people and I were assigned to the Jardins des Plantes, a garden in the 5th Arrondisement (Paris is separated into sections called Arrondisements) The gardens were cute, but what was really fun was the neighborhood next to the Gardens. It was so cute, with a small cobblestone street and chic stores along the sides. It was perfect. My friends and I passed and interesting bar, and were peering inside. We wanted to see the inside so we tried to open the door but no luck.

Out comes the bartender, who lets us in. He asks us where we're from and we say America and he proceeds to pour us shots..... as in for free. They were mint malt with vodka. Being a responsible spender, and a college student I would never say no to a free shot. So we're having a good time and taking pictures. Then he says "another!" and we were like ehhhh no we couldn't do that. Well he pours it anyways, and we drink that one as well, and head out the door to finish our school project. It was awesome, although the end of our project is questionable.

Today we all saw a French movie called "Paris" and it was very good. Then we all went to a creperie for dinner and it was delicious of course.

Now I'm exhausted so I'm off to bed.
XOXO!

1 comment: